Q & A

Why a Reservation fee?

This is very common in Spain as most of the houses are for sale with several agencies.  The reservation fee of 3000 or 6000 euro, makes sure that your property is now OFF MARKET and completely reserved for you.

Inmo Cobat as your building partner?

Inmo Cobat is also your partner in new build properties.

Together with our Spanish, German, English and Dutch builders we can offer you the perfect building services.

Visit our building plots and newbuilds and receive a detailed estimate of your NEW dreamhouse!


NIE number


All resident and non-resident foreigners with financial affairs in Spain - regardless of whether they are EU citizens or from a non-EU country - must have a foreigners tax identification number or NIE (Número de Identificación de Extranjero). This is the equivalent of a Spaniards Número de Identificación Fiscal (NIF) which serves as a fiscal identification number.

The CIF number (Certificado de Identificación Fiscal) is equivalent to the NIF, but applies to companies.

Anyone with financial, professional or social interests in Spain needs a personal identification number. The NIE is essential for any fiscal transactions in Spain where money is paid to the Spanish inland revenue office. The NIE number should be quoted in all dealings with tax authorities. The number appears on all documents issued in Spain.

An NIE number is needed to:

  • Open a bank account

  • Buy, sell or insure property

  • Arrange credit terms or a mortgage

  • Pay taxes

  • Be paid for employment

  • Use short-term employment agencies

  • Apply for a business permit and start a business

  • Register with social services and arrange receipt of social security benefits

  • Apply for a driver's licence

Contact Us